Salary Range ($90,000-$125,000)
Tribeca Prep is growing!
Tribeca Prep seeks a creative, passionate, and dedicated Behavior Analyst to support our highly diverse students — across a variety of grades, subjects, developmental levels, and clinical support areas.
Tribeca Prep is a 12-month independent special education early childhood and elementary school (our summer term is July 5 – August 15, and the regular school year starts after Labor Day until June 2024). Our goal is to prepare our students for a less restrictive environment by developing their communication, academic, self-management, and social skills. Our students receive instruction in 1:1, 2:1, 3:1 and small group settings. Through our cohesive team of teachers, specialists, and therapists, we offer our promising learners, a rigorous, learner-centered education with integrated supports that foster independence and self-advocacy. To learn more about our school philosophy, view information about our strategic partnerships, see glimpses of our classrooms, and glance at our robust sensory gym, please visit our website at https://tribecapreparatory.com for a 3D experience as well as photos!
Our teachers, instructors, and related service providers attend staff meetings, which provide opportunities for clinical team meetings for individual students, updates on upcoming events and professional development in areas that affect most of our students. Further, employees develop a professional growth plan with their supervisor and review their goals and performance across the year. Employees are encouraged to seek professional development in their areas of interest or need. Staff training is an integral part of professional development at Tribeca Prep. In addition to regular staff meetings, all staff attend scheduled staff development activities throughout the year, including some days when the students are not in attendance. Tribeca Prep is ideal for those adults who maintain growth mindsets!
The Board Certified Behavior Analyst/Licensed Behavior Analyst (BCBA/LBA) is responsible for providing direct and indirect services to students and staff consistent with the collaboration model of Tribeca Prep. In this capacity, it is expected that the Behavior Analyst will establish collaborative relationships with parents, outside related service providers, and Tribeca Prep colleagues to ensure successful support for our students. Our Behavior Analyst will work with our students within and outside their classrooms and provide ongoing support to the educational team and families to ensure that our students receive ongoing behavioral support.
The Behavior Analyst applies expertise in Applied Behavior Analysis and verbal behavior and assists our staff in developing developmentally appropriate programs for our students across all areas of development. The Behavior Analyst supports students and staff in increasing socially appropriate behaviors while supporting students who also need to decrease behaviors that interfere with learning.
- Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Train teachers, instructors, and other team members on ABA assessments
- Support and train headteachers in identifying individual goals for students and classroom strategies to increase student engagement and achievement
- Conduct direct observations and consulting with teachers, instructors, and other team members on recommended classroom strategies
- Determine the need for Functional Behavior Assessments (FBAs) and Behavior Interventions Plans (BIP)
- Conduct FBAs and develop Behavior Intervention Plans
- Monitor student progress and support the classroom team in maintaining appropriate and accurate records for behaviors
- Utilize behavior data to assess student progress and the need to continue or change interventions
- Empathic listening to student and parent concerns, assessing problems, and planning goals and actions
- Meet and facilitate conversations with parents and teachers to discuss learning and behavioral concerns
- Collaborate, consult, and strategize with other the teaching team, outside providers, and families
- Participate in admissions process
- Lead professional development for staff in the areas of Applied Behavior Analysis
- Supervise Registered Behavior Technicians (RBT)
- Direct intervention and support in the case of a student crisis
- Essential Qualifications and Skills
- Commitment to Tribeca Prep’s mission
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Outstanding clinical intervention, consultation, and assessment skills
- Experience with a variety of behavioral assessment tools for a variety of ages and ability levels
- School experience
- Masters or Doctoral degree in Applied Behavior Analysis
- BCBA and NYS LBA (or eligible to acquire the license)
- Humor, patience, poise, and an ability to balance structure and flexibility
Please provide us with your current resume, a cover letter, and a list of references. Please email this information to: email@example.com
Tribeca Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prep does not discriminate on the basis of an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law.