Salary Range: $75,000 – $95,000 a year
Tribeca Prep is growing!
Tribeca Prep seeks a creative, passionate, and dedicated Occupational Therapist (OT) to support our highly diverse students — across a variety of grades, subjects, developmental levels, and clinical support areas.
Tribeca Prep is a 12-month independent special education early childhood and elementary school (our summer term is July 5 – August 15, and the regular school year starts after Labor Day until June 2024). Our goal is to prepare our students for a less restrictive environment by developing their communication, academic, self-management, and social skills. Our students receive instruction in 1:1, 2:1, 3:1 and small group settings. Through our cohesive team of teachers, specialists, and therapists, we offer our promising learners a rigorous, student-centered education with integrated supports that foster independence and self-advocacy. To learn more about our school philosophy, view information about our strategic partnerships, see glimpses of our classrooms, and glance at our robust sensory gym, please visit our website at https://tribecapreparatory.com for a 3D experience as well as photos!
Our teachers, instructors, and related service providers attend staff meetings, which provide opportunities for clinical team meetings for individual students, updates on upcoming events and professional development in areas that affect most of our students. Further, employees develop a professional growth plan with their supervisor and review their goals and performance across the year. Employees are encouraged to seek professional development in their areas of interest or need. Staff training is an integral part of professional development at Tribeca Prep. In addition to regular staff meetings, all staff attend scheduled staff development activities throughout the year, including some days when the students are not in attendance. Tribeca Prep is ideal for those adults who maintain growth mindsets!
The OT is responsible for providing direct and indirect services to students and staff consistent with the integration and collaboration model of Tribeca Prep. In this capacity, it is expected that the OT will establish collaborative relationships with the classroom teachers, related service providers, and families.
Our students receive related services individually and in small groups. All related service providers have built-in times in their service schedules to collaborate with the classroom staff and to further support students in the classroom setting to support skill acquisition across settings.
As appropriate to your profession, our OT’s responsibilities include:
- Assessment and Direct Service to Students
- Conduct formal assessments of each child as well as ongoing informal assessments
- Interpret assessments in order to determine the level of functioning and needs of each child
- Utilize a variety of targeted activities to meet students’ needs as determined by their informal and formal assessments
- Confer and collaborate with teachers, instructors, and related service providers
- Maintain communication with the classroom teaching team and parents about the progress of the students
- Attend team meetings prepared with information and update on students
- Planning and Record Keeping
- Write detailed progress reports for each student twice a year
- Maintain records of each session and data on targeted skills for each student
- Create ongoing plans to ensure the carry-over of skills in the classroom
- Ensure that scheduled sessions and any needed make-up sessions occur
- Education and Experience
- Valid and current License and/or Certification to practice in New York State
- Ability to provide your National Provider Identification (NPI) number
- Be able to maintain the physical capacity required to navigate the school environment and to ensure the safety of the students:
- walk, run, sit, and stand
- move rapidly forward, backward, and laterally
- bend and stoop
- push, pull, and lift
Please provide us with your current resume, a cover letter and a list of references. Please email these items to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tribeca Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prep does not discriminate on the basis of an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law.